Thoughts On Attraction and Leadership
I have been going trough a lot of material on attraction marketing and leadership from Magnetic Sponsoring™ and wanted to share some thoughts/conclusions I have had as I study this material. (If you have not read this material and would like a copy of your own click here.)
- Attraction is not a choice – it’s biological/instinctual trigger. We follow those we admire and perceive can offer us something of value (be that protection, education, social status etc.)
- We live and thrive in social groups – this is the survival instinct that is ingrained in all of us. Safety in numbers has been expressed time and time again. So we live and thrive in that situation following the leader of the group, with most never taking the next step and rising to the top.
- For those that do eventually rise to the top, they follow a leader until they gain enough experience/confidence to either challenge the leader for the position or strike out on their own.
- In the past, the value of a leader was expressed in their physical abilities. Today however, the value of a leader is seen in their education, business know-how, monetary means, and personal values.
- We associate with leaders because we gain a certain amount of value/credibility by that association.
- There are basically three groups of people: Leaders, leaders-in-training and followers:
- Leaders are: confident, sure of themselves, know where they want to go
- Leaders-in-training are: beginning to exhibit and believe in the traits of a leader. They are willing to and beginning to move out of their comfort zone and take responsibility for their actions.
- Followers are: the exact opposite of leaders. They are unsure of themselves, have little confidence and don’t really know where they want to go or how to get there.
- You determine which group you are in by your state of mind. Some in society may reject that determination, but don’t be deterred! That is a natural step in the process to becoming a leader and you simply need to continue to believe and do something everyday to reinforce that belief.
- To be a leader, your actions must be in line with your beliefs. If you say you believe one thing and then your actions portray a different set of beliefs you will be seen as a hypocrite and lose any credibility you may have or were seeking.
- To be a leader you must convey leadership qualities and have a high level of personal value.
- People join you, not your business. If you express leadership qualities and people believe you offer them something of value they will follow you.
- If you really want to be a leader you need to find people in your life/business and follow them! Begin to emulate their actions and traits. Adopt the qualities they share.
- Become a servant and you will be come a leader. Tony Robbins said that the greatest thing a leader can be is a servant. Simply by helping others you will open yourself up to more opportunities.
- Leaders never stop educating themselves on this business! It is vital to your success and those that you sponsor that you continue to feed your mind with new ideas and concepts.
Remember, for most becoming a leader is not an overnight reality. You must work at it everyday.Bill Giles 201-861-3557
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!